Danish Croque-madame Recipe:
- 2 large eggs
- 4 slices of Danish bread or any bread of your choice
- 8 rashers Danish streaky bacon (cooked)
- 8 slices of Danish Brie (as thin or thick as you like)
- salt and pepper
- 4 sausages
- a handful of cherry tomatoes (garnish, optional)
- Set the oven to the conventional cooking setting () at 150 degrees Celsius. Lay a piece of baking paper on a baking tray and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a low fire.
- With a round cookie cutter, cut a hole out of two slices of bread (tops). Save cut out rounds.
- Top the remaining 2 slices of bread (bottoms) with two slices of Danish Brie followed by 4 rashers of cooked Danish streaky bacon and another 2 slices of Danish Brie. Set aside on the prepared baking paper.
- Add a little butter and oil to coat the pan.
- Place the tops in the pan and crack an egg into each hole. Turn heat up to medium-low.
- Once the whites of the eggs are slightly set (about 2 to 3 minutes), remove carefully from the pan and place on top of the prepared bottoms.
- Turn fire up to medium-high and cook sausages in the same pan.
- Pop the sandwiches and the cut out rounds into the oven on the center rack and bake till the eggs are just set on top. The sausages should be cooked by the time the eggs are done.