An easy dump everything in a bowl and mix chocolate cupcake recipe paired with a luscious, sinful Nutella butter cream frosting simply spread on and decorated with mini chocolate chips and little heart sprinkles.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee powder/ granules
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of Nutella
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Sift together cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl. Add coffee, sugar and salt. Stir to mix.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil, warm water and vanilla in a bowl or measuring cup, stir to combine.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Using handheld electric mixer on the lowest setting, mix until smooth, 1 - 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed. You should get quite a liquid mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full (transfer batter into a measuring cup with spout to make this easier). Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes. Do not open oven door while cupcakes are cooking. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
Nutella Butter Cream Recipe:
- 1 /2 stick salted butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- As much Nutella as you like
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy using the lowest setting to begin, gradually moving it up to the highest setting. About 5 minutes.
- Add icing sugar and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add pure vanilla extract and Nutella, and beat on low then medium-high speed until light and airy. About 2 minutes. For a stiffer frosting, add more icing sugar.